Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The rewriting/formatting/editing process goes slowly when one must go to a Day Job that takes up a significant amount of time. However, I am grateful for the Day Job. Sometimes I get so obsessive about writing, 12 hours can go by without me realizing it. Back in the day, I would forget to eat, forget to get up and move, and wonder why I would be lightheaded and stiff as a board at the end of the day. Well, duh.

Another part of the reason for this process going slowly is that the story is expanding in places I had not anticipated, and the plot is twisting here and there.

I did not expect the Christmas 1986  excerpt to go quite the way it did. In the original manuscript, there was no reference to it whatsoever. Now, suddenly, my characters are leading me in new directions. So, with a great spirit of adventure, I follow. I mean, why not? What have I got to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment